Timothy Brown, Ph.D.
For a more detailed explanation of this course, download the syllabus here. To request more information about taking this course for credit or audit credit click the button below.
I. DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
This online course will be a detailed study of the resurrection of Jesus, placing special emphasis on the role the resurrection plays in Christian theology and apologetics. A general outline for this course is provided below in sections II through IX.
II. PURPOSE STATEMENT
The importance of this course goes far beyond the fulfillment of a program requirement. The resurrection of Christ is a sine qua non condition for the Christian faith, according to the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15, and is vital to study and understand as best as is possible. This course will help equip the student with a better understanding of resurrection, for both theological and apologetic reasons.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Define terms that concern and are related to the resurrection of Christ.
- Describe the matters concerning and related to the resurrection of Christ.
- Discuss the options for defending the resurrection of Christ.
- Determine the strongest option for defending the resurrection of Christ.
- Differentiate the defense of the resurrection of Christ from its study.
- Develop an ability to transition from apologetics to evangelism.
IV. REQUIRED BOOKS FOR THIS COURSE