Dr. Brian Huffling’s research interests include: Philosophy of Religion, Philosophical Theology, Philosophical Hermeneutics, and general issues in Apologetics and Biblical studies.
Dr. Huffling has been involved in various types of ministry, including 2 American churches as well as 2 Korean churches (in America). He also teaches at Apologia Online Academy (2015-Present) and has served in the Marines, Navy, and is currently a chaplain in the Air Force reserves at the United States Air Force Academy. Dr. Huffling has taught for The Art Institute of Charlotte as well as Arborbrook Christian Academy.
- Ph.D., 2013, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (Dissertation: Omniscience and Impassability: An Examination of Richard E Creel’s Philosophical Theology)
- M.A., 2009, Southern Evangelical Seminary
- B.A., 2004, Lee University
- J. Brian Huffling, “God is Not a Moral Being: A Response to Gary Whittenberger on the Problem of Evil.” Skeptic Magazine. Vol 24 no. 4 (2019): 43-45.
- J. Brian Huffling. “Is the Reality of Evil Good Evidence Against the Christian God?: A Response to Michael Shermer’s Affirmative Answer.”Skeptic Magazine. Vol 24 no. 2 (2019): 49-54.
- J. Brian Huffling. “The Study of the Philosophy of Religion in the Age of the Internet.”The Knowledge Review. Dec 2017. https://theknowledgereview.com/study-philosophy-religion-age-internet/.
- J. Brian Huffling. “An Exploration of Eleonore Stump’s Theodicy.”Journal of the International Society of Christian Apologetics, 7 no. 1 (April 2014): 305-330.
- J. Brian Huffling. “A Critique of Trinity Monotheism.”Christian Apologetics Journal, 10 no. 1 (Spring 2012): 79-100.
- J. Brian Huffling. Book Review. Diller, Kevin. Theology’s Epistemological Dilemma: How Karl Barth and Alvin Plantinga Provide a Unified Response. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2014. Christian Apologetics Journal, 13 no. 2 (Fall 2015): 121-123.
- J. Brian Huffling. Book Review. Loftin, Keith, ed. God and Morality: Four Views. Downers Grove , IL: IVP Academic. Christian Apologetics Journal, 12 no. 1 (Spring 2014): 122-123.
- J. Brian Huffling. Book Review: Keating, James F. and Thomas Joseph White, eds. Divine Impassibility and the Mystery of Human Suffering. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans, 2009. Christian Apologetics Journal, 9 no. 2 (Fall 2011): 103-104.
- Assistant Professor, Southern Evangelical Seminary (2011 – present).
- Teacher, Arborbrook Christian Academy (2011 – present).
- Instructor, The Art Institute of Charlotte (2010 – present).
- Chaplain, United States Air Force Reserve, (2010 – present).
- Chaplain, Candidate, United States Air Force Reserve (2006 – 2010).
- Associate Pastor of Youth and English Ministries, Korean Baptist Church of Charlotte (2008 – 2009).
- Associate Pastor of Youth and Children, Mill Creek Baptist Church (2007 – 2009).
- Associate Pastor, Forsyth Park Baptist Church (2006 – 2007).
- Youth Pastor, New Life Korean Church (2004 – 2006).
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- International Society of Christian Apologetics
- Brian is married to Lacey D. Huffling