Dr. Brian Huffling’s research interests include: Philosophy of Religion, Philosophical Theology, Philosophical Hermeneutics, and general issues in Apologetics and Biblical studies.
Dr. Huffling has been involved in various types of ministry, including 2 American churches as well as 2 Korean churches (in America). He has served in the Marines, Navy, and is currently a chaplain in the Air Force reserves at the United States Air Force Academy. Dr. Huffling has taught for The Art Institute of Charlotte as well as Arborbrook Christian Academy.
- Ph.D., 2013, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (Dissertation: Omniscience and Impassability: An Examination of Richard E Creel’s Philosophical Theology)
- M.A., 2009, Southern Evangelical Seminary
- B.A., 2004, Lee University
- “A Critique of Trinity Monotheism,” Christian Research Journal, vol. 10, no. 1 (Spring 2012): 79-100.
- “Divine Impassibility and the Mystery of Human Suffering” by James F Keating and Thomas Joseph White.
- Assistant Professor, Southern Evangelical Seminary (2011 – present).
- Teacher, Arborbrook Christian Academy (2011 – present).
- Instructor, The Art Institute of Charlotte (2010 – present).
- Chaplain, United States Air Force Reserve, Seymour Johnson, AFB (2010 – present).
- Chaplain, Candidate, United States Air Force Reserve (2006 – 2010).
- Associate Pastor of Youth and English Ministries, Korean Baptist Church of Charlotte (2008 – 2009).
- Associate Pastor of Youth and Children, Mill Creek Baptist Church (2007 – 2009).
- Associate Pastor, Forsyth Park Baptist Church (2006 – 2007).
- Youth Pastor, New Life Korean Church (2004 – 2006).
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- International Society of Christian Apologetics
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Brian is married to Lacey D. Huffling