posted by cacpro
Richard Land, Ph.D.
Module 3 Course(s) (May 16th-21st | | Mon. – Fri. 6:00pm-10:30pm | Sat. 8:00am-4:30pm)
Ethics AP412 Syllabus
Ethics AP512 Syllabus
*This is a summary of AP512, which is a M.A. level course. If you are interested in the full description of AP512 download the AP512 Syllabus.
*If you are interested in a full treatment of the AP412 Section of the course, please download the AP412 Syllabus.
This course is a study of ethical alternatives and issues from a Christian perspective.
The issues of our day are increasingly complex, and the need to engage the ever-expanding list of issues from a biblical worldview is more important than ever. This course will deal with issues such as abortion, euthanasia, the environment, cloning, genetic engineering, homosexuality, racism, religious liberty, and church-state issues. It will also explore how biblical truth instructs our understanding of these issues.
After completing the course, the student should be able to
- Evidence a clear and comprehensive understanding of the ethical issues enumerated in the purpose statement.
- Give an accurate and comprehensive explanation of biblical truths as it applies to the ethical issues enumerated in the purpose statement.
- Evaluate the premises, perspectives, and arguments of various critiques of the biblical view of ethics.
- Build an intellectual framework useful for responding to future challenges.
- Develop a personal apologetic for biblical Christianity that will stimulate a deeper walk with the Lord and a life-long study in these areas.
REQUIRED RESOURCES FOR THE COURSE
- Feinberg, John S. and Paul D. Feinberg Ethics for a Brave New World. 2nd ed. Wheaton: Crossway Books, 2010. ISBN 158134712X
- Grudem, Wayne. Politics—According to the Bible: A Comprehensive Resource for Understanding Modern Political Issues in Light of Scripture. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2010. ISBN 0310330297
- Land, Richard. Real Homeland Security. Nashville: Broadman and Holman, 2004. ISBN 0805427643
- Land, Richard. Imagine: A God-Blessed America. Nashville: Broadman and Holman, 2005. ISBM 0805427651
- Land, Richard. The Divided States of America. 2nd ed. Nashville: Broadman and Holman, 2011. ISBN 1595553525
The above is a summary of the course that is being offered by Southern Evangelical Seminary. If you would like to see the detailed description of this course and what is expected of students, please view the AP512 syllabus. If you are interested in enrolling in this class, please contact Southern Evangelical Seminary or click the button to request more information.