Floyd Elmore has served the Christian community for more than forty-five years. He seeks to help people think like Christ so that they can be more effective in their witness and their work.
Floyd has ministered as a missionary in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Cuba; as a pastor in churches in Texas and Ohio; and as a professor in several Christian universities and seminaries.
After serving as Professor of Bible and Greek at Cedarville University for sixteen years, Floyd became Senior Pastor of FairCreek Church in Fairborn, Ohio. The historical ties of the church to Cuba led him to accept a call to serve as Academic Dean of ESEPA Seminary in San José, Costa Rica, and also supervise a Master’s program in Cuba.
After relocating to the USA, Floyd began teaching at Southern Evangelical Seminary in 2012.
- Th.D., 1990, Systematic Theology, Dallas Theological Seminary
- Th.M., 1981, New Testament Literature and Exegesis, Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A., 1977, Bible, Cedarville College
- “J. N. Darby’s Early Years” in When the Trumpet Sounds, 1995.
- “An Evangelical Analysis of Process Pneumatology,” Bibliotheca Sacra, 145 (January – March 1988): 15-29.
- “Darby, John Nelson,” in Dictionary of Premillennial Theology, 1996.
- “Psalm 2,” in Dictionary of Premillennial Theology, 1996.
- “Trusting in the Dark What You Saw in the Light,” and “A Curious Partner to God’s Faithfulness,” in For the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ, Cedarville University, 2012.
- Review of Christopher B. Kaiser, The Doctrine of God, in JETS 27 (September 1984): 359 – 360.
- Academic Dean and Professor of Theology, Southern Evangelical Seminary (2013 – present).
- Adjunct Professor, Southern Evangelical Seminary (2012 – 2013).
- Missionary Professor, Messiah’s Outreach (2007 – 2013).
- Adjunct Professor of Theology, Trinity Evangelical Seminary (1999 – 2007).
- Professor of Bible and Greek, Cedarville University (1985 – 2001).
- Instructor, Dallas Bible College, (1983 – 1985).
- Instructor, Dallas Theological Seminary, (1982 – 1983).
- Teacher, Baptist Mid-Missions, (1972 – 1977).
- Instructor, Pensacola Bible Institute, (1969 – 1972).
- Bible translation consultant with Bibles International (1990 – 2007) and The Seed Company (2012 – present).Projects in: India (languages: Miso, Ranglong, Paite, Manipuri), Chad (Sara Majengai, Sara Kaba Dem, Day), Cataluna (Catalan), Peru (Cuzco Quechua), Nigeria (Jenjo), Guatemala (Ixil).
- Licensed Associate Instructor, Walk Thru the Bible (1999 – present).
- Lead Pastor, Fair Creek Church (2001 – 2007).
- Senior Pastor, Shawnee Hills Baptist Church (1993 – 1998).
- Pastor, Mesquite Valley Baptist Church (1978 – 1983).
- Missionary Church Planter, Baptist Mid-Missions (1972 – 1977).
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Floyd is married to Pamela, has four adult children, and seven grandchildren.