An avid writer, teacher, and speaker on Christian theology and apologetics, Dr. Potter has committed his life to maximizing every opportunity to prepare the next generation of believers to know what they believe and most importantly, why it is true.
Dr. Potter is the author of Developing a Christian Apologetics Educational Program (Wipf & Stock, 2010) and co-author (with Dr. Norman Geisler) the Teacher’s Guide for Twelve points that Show Christianity is True (Bastion Books, 2015). He has written and published articles in the Christian Apologetics Journal, The Homeschool Digest, as well as the Christian Research Journal.
Currently, Dr. Potter is writing popular books on Theology and Christian Apologetics.
- D.Min., 2005, Apologetics, Southern Evangelical Seminary
- M.A.., 1998, Apologetics, Southern Evangelical Seminary
- M.A., 1992, Technology Education, Ball State University
- B.S., 1991, Industrial Technology, Ohio Northern University
- Detzler, Wayne A. & Douglas E. Potter. Cross Cultural Apologetics: Bridging Culture to Defend the Faith (Charlotte, NC: Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2011).
- Geisler, Norman & Doug Potter. Teacher’s Guide for the Twelve Points that Show Christianity is True. Bastion Books, 2015
- Geisler, Norman & Doug Potter. What in Cremation is Going on: A Guide to Post Mortem Decisions. Bastion Books, 2014.
- Potter, Douglas. E. A Prolegomena to Evangelical Theology. 2nd ed. (Virginia Beach, VA: Academx, 2011, 2014).
- Potter, Douglas E. Developing A Christian Apologetics Educational Program. (Eugene: Wipf & Stock, 2010).
- Geisler, Norman L. & Douglas E. Potter. “From Ashes to Ashes: Is Burial the Only Christian Option?” Christian Research Journal, (Fall 1998): 29-35.
- Potter, Douglas E. “The Religous Pluralism of John Hick: A Critical Response to His Philosophical Argument,” Christian Apologetics Journal, vol. 8, no. 2, 21-31.
- Potter, Douglas E. “Christian Apologetic Education: A Perspective,” The Home School Digest, vol. 13, no. 2, (2002): 39-40.
- Potter, Douglas E. “Conference Focuses on ‘Reaching the World for Christ’,” The Charlotte World, vol. 8, no. 4, (November 2001): 9.
- Potter, Douglas E. “Southern Evangelical Seminary Dives Into Islam,” The Charlotte World, vol. 8, no. 51, (January 2001): 8.
- Potter, Douglas E. “A Brief Argument Against Experiencing God,” Journal of the Irenaeus Foundation, (Spring 1999): 60-67.
- Shaw, Donald K. & Douglas E. Potter. “Is The Young Men’s Christian Association ‘Christian’? Some Historical and Contemporary Research Examined.” Christian Apologetics Journal 2014 vol. 12, No. 1, 87-118.
- Potter, Douglas E. “Thomas Aquinas on God and Evil” Book Review in Christian Apologetics Journal 2014 Vol. 12, No. 1, 133-135.
- Potter, Douglas E. “Introducing Apologetics,” Christian Apologetics Journal, vol. 8, no. 2, (2009): 95-100.
- Potter, Douglas E. “The Limits of Scientific Truth: Why Science Can’t Answer Life’s Ultimate Questions,” Christian Apologetics Journal, vol. 6, no. 1, (2006): 115-116.
- Potter, Douglas. “Humble Apologetics: Defending the Faith Today,” Christian Apologetics Journal, vol. 4, no. 2, (2005): 100-103.
- Adjunct Professor, Charlotte Christian College and Theological Seminary, Charlotte, North Carolina. (2015 – present).
- Interim Assistant Academic Dean, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (2012 – 2013).
- Director of Institutional Effectiveness, (2012 – present).
- Assistant Professor, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (2011 – present).
- Director of D.Min Program, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (2007 – present).
- Part-time Instructor/Assistant Professor, Southern Evangelical Seminary, NC, (2004 – 2010).
- Adjunct Professor, Queen City Bible College, (2003).
- Director of Admissions, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (2001 – 2009).
- Registrar, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (2001 – present).
- Research Assistant to Norman Geisler (1995 – 1998; 2001 – 2002).
- Instructor, Fraley Memorial Baptist School of Theology, (2008 – present).
- Instructor, Southern Evangelical Church, (2004).
- Substitute Instructor in Systematic Theology, Southern Evangelical Seminary, (1999 – present).
- Contracted Freelance Writer, Josh McDowell, (1999).
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- International Society of Christian Apologetics
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Grace Evangelical Society
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- International Technology Education Association
- Council on Technology Teacher Education